Saturday, June 11, 2005

Visiting with kin

Jethro's packed up the jalopy and we're a heading for the hills to see some kin folk. I hear Sam Drucker has an internet connection in his General Store these days, so I may check in at the old Salt Lick, but don't count on it. When I get with the kin, I don't feel like doing nothing but enjoying myself.

Those two rascals City Slicker and Grouse Hunter have the keys to Salt Lick International Headquarters, though I'm not sure it's a good idea. I might get back and find all the game shot up, Granny's shine gone, and a new bypass through the property. Lordy.

Anyone suffering withdrawal pains from Roanoke Times hectoring while I'm gone should click my blogroll links to -- From on High, The Roanoke Slant, One Man's Trash, and occasionally, Commonwealth Conservative.

Y'all enjoy what's left of Spring.