Sunday, May 08, 2005

Rocking my crabby life away


Salt Lick ponders "the pompitous of love" and other weighty matters. Posted by Hello

When commenter Roanoke Found revealed a Roanoke Times editor referred to members of its blog roll as "crabby old men," I visited the site to look at the bloggers' pictures. Lars Hagen at The Roanoke Slant seemed the only obvious candidate for the moniker, but only because he appears to be the blogroll's elder. In his interview, however, Lars comes across as a pleasant, level-headed fellow. It occurred to me that Steve Minor at SW Virginia Law Blog submitted a dated picture (after all, his is in black and white and Steve lives in Abingdon where the actresses who appear at the Barter Theater frequently use youthful pictures of themselves in the production programs). But since I've never met Steve, I thought suggesting such a thing might be too crabby.

At any rate, I just wanted to post a picture of myself to show I don't fit the description either.